Google Search

Custom Search

September 27, 2012

Happy Dog vs, Defensive Dog

Today, I was getting ready to take one of my clients dogs for their scheduled walk.  Roary, is 6 months old, beautiful Shepherd, LabX.

My dog Diamond, is a 1yr. old, Dutch Shepherd, LabX. 

I decided to take Diamond with me today with the assistance of a friend of mine.  Diamond does not always get along well with dogs and I did not want to be on my own if things did not go well.  

We introduced Roary and Diamond; right off Roary, was happy and wanted to be friends. Diamond on the other hand was not as eager. Diamond got real low, her hackles went up, her trail and ears down and then the growls came.

We quickly separated them and started on our walk.  As we were walking I shot some video and thought it was a great visual for you to see the different body language between a happy, relaxed dog who wants to make friends; and the opposite. A dog scared and on the defensive.  Diamond, did not straight out lung or try and attack Roary; that would signs of Aggression. However, if your dog or another dog is displaying the signs and body language Diamond displays there is a likely chance the dog will bite or attack if they feel threatened in any way. This goes for people as well as dogs.

Watch the video and watch the differences between Roary and Diamond. Pay close attention to each of their postures and body language.


Diamond Dog Services
Dog Walking and Puppy Visits 
Barrie, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Us on Facebook

Google Search

Custom Search